Community
Search
Notices
Control Lines For all you fly-by-wire fanatics!

Nobler bell crank failed

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2024, 11:36 AM
AJ Sun

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts

Hey guys now you got me wondering, and yes I recall the ARF Top Flight Nobler. That I bought at a swap meet. The guy selling it was planning on making it an RC plane. Soon realized that doing it was just to. Well he claimed not possible. I’ve got too, don’t ask me why! That part get confusing because my quad polar kicked in and I gust forgot about the swap meet and what occurred. I hate getting old, my brain has a tendency to malfunction and I just plain forget. It’s strange because things that happened to me in the far past I remember. Crazy must be that flat spot in the back side of my head. The TF swap meet plane was cut up and servo rails installed a few push rods installed and the Bel crank and control lead outs were removed and gone. Servo rails installed in the wing but that looks like it ended this RC attempt. It was pretty evident why the zPO gave up. I can convert this TF back by referencing the other TF Nobler I got at the closing hobby shop. Okie Air and the Tulsa GlueDobbers have a set up that greatly improves the TF Nobler. So I just may give it a try.AJ
Old 04-14-2024, 05:57 AM
AJ Sun

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts

Well to add to my Nobler story I sold the Top Flight kit to another local flyer. Made him a great deal in the sale. And was glad it was out of my stash. Reinvested the money, and bought the original green box TopFlight Nobler. Nice deal and made a few bucks to boot. I still have the cobbled up attempted To RC conversion and I just may sell it also. Really not interested in RC any longer. Anyway that’s my story and I am sticking with it.AJ