RCU Forums - View Single Post - Just joined AMA, can I fly without card?
Old 09-29-2004, 01:57 PM
Crashem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just joined AMA, can I fly without card?

Wow. AMA is NOT and insurance company but yet insurance is affective when they recieve the money and application. Who would have ever guessed.
MikeMc,

I think you're thinking a little too far outside of the box on this one

Before you can make any statement you need to find out exactly what the AMA considers "correct dues payment"

If it is simply the receipt of payment (i.e. Receipt of Check, Money Order, or credit card info) then you are correct. IF however it is defined that correct dues payment is that the money order check or credit card must First be processed before a membership is active then you are incorrect.

I remember several years ago speaking with the AMA and I was specifically told that a membership is not considered Active UNTIL the funds clear the AMA. Since the insurance is a benefit of membership I think you can understand why your arguement is faulty.

BlackB12,

Did you ask them about the policy of faxing you proof of membership to use while waiting for your card to Arrive. I know that last year I let my membersip lapse (God Forbid) for the winter and paid in April. about a week later I used the web site to print out proof of membership which allowed me to fly at the club before my card arrived in the mail