RCU Forums - View Single Post - Longer Lasting TX Battery???
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2004, 11:41 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Longer Lasting TX Battery???

ORIGINAL: webanaut

I just bought a Futaba 7CAP. I notice the TX battery and the RX battery are both 9.6V 600mAh and 4.8V 600mAh respectively. Any recommendations on battery upgrade so they may last longer. I was able to find plenty of 1000, 1500, 2000 mAh batteries for the RX but I cannot find any for the TX. Are there any that will fit my TX or am I going to just have to live with it and buy another 9.6V 600mAh .The battery in the TX is 1.125" x 1.125 x 4".

If you use the Futaba 7CAP, can you let me know approximately how long does the battery last. I know there are many factors that can increase or diminish the longevity. All I want is an approximation. Also please recommend anything you think might help me out in this quest.

Thanks ahead for your input!
I have a 9C, but life and battery I think are similar. My standard 700 mah nicd pack lasts for about 2.0 hours of flying time, maybe 2.5. I have a second 2000 mah NIMH pack that I purchased on e-bay, that lasts about 6-7 hours of flying. Between the two, I can fly for a whole weekend. Typically I run the NICD pack first. When it hits the low mark, I pull it out and put in the NIMH. Then I put the NICD on the charger while still at the field - 100 mah on a peak charger.

If I am going to fly again the second day, I put the 2000 NIMH on a peak charger at about 300 mah.

In the morning I have two fresh packs to fly all day again!

Battery Strategy

First, you can get a second pack of the same size and just switch during a long flying day.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXH348&P=ML This pack should work

Futaba sells larger TX batteries for the 9C, and I presume the 7C as well. You can start with this one and save the smaller pack for a back-up, or start with the smaller pack, then switch to the larger pack when the first is done.

Here is a 1650 mah pack for the 9C that will probably fit the 7C as well:
http://www.servocity.com/html/9_6v_1...h_battery.html