RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tiger Stick 40 Rolling Too Slow
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2004, 08:11 AM
Ed_Moorman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Tiger Stick 40 Rolling Too Slow

There are a couple of things you can do to increase the roll rate, but first, this will also mean the plane will be more sensitive in roll.

-If your radio has exponential, set it to around -50%. Futaba radios use negative expo, JR's use positive expo. This is the convention each uses, but the controls work the same. Expo will reduce the sensitivity around the center. Remember, more expo means less sensitive in the center.

Now to increasing the roll rate. Here are some things to do:

-Tape the aileron-trailing edge gap closed. Take off the clevice, flip the wing over so you are looking at the bottom, bend the aileron down and use 3M clear packaging tape to cover the gap. Bend the aileron back up and push the tape down in the crease.

-Get a longer servo control arm and use the outer most holes. Shoot for 45 degrees of travel.

-Run your end point setting up to the max. On my JR's, this is 150%

-Run the dual rates up to the max. On my JR's, this is 125%

-Use 2 servos for ailerons. You can trim out the center mounting hole and squeeze in 2 servos, side-by-side, hooking one to each torque rod.

-Use more powerful servos for ailerons. Digitals are great here and the price is coming down. the problem with low power and non-digital servos is once the travel to the max point, they tend to get blown back toward center by the air loading, especially on a fast airplane.

-Remove the tips and add end plates extending 3/4 inch past the airfoil all around. This will also lower the landing speed.