RCU Forums - View Single Post - tunnel runners
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2004, 11:23 AM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: tunnel runners

ORIGINAL: Ron Olson

Never heard of a Glow-Bee except for the glow plugs and ignitors.
Ron: The seller has never seen it run, probably bought it at a yard sale and knows nothing about boats. He probably thought the red GloBee decal on top of the cowling was the name of the boat.

Wiz: It is a tunnel. I'm sure one of the people who have more experience with fiberglass tunnels, I've always built from wood, could id the exact make. Personally, I would not buy that boat. Since the seller obviously knows nothing about it you have no idea what's been done to it. You may find that you end up replacing most everything but the hull, and that may have hidden damage. If you're looking to get started in boating, the last thing you want to do is deal with equipment someone else may have abused. If the highest bid was $50 and there were only a few minutes left, it might be worth considering. It's over $100 and still more than two days left. I'd look elsewhere. Better to find one that may not have lead such a hard life, or buy the components and assemble yourself. This is just my opinion.