RCU Forums - View Single Post - TNX or Revo?
Thread: TNX or Revo?
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2004, 12:08 PM
Noreaga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TNX or Revo?

I have a TNX, and it is a great truck for the price. I have already raced it several times, an I am yet to break any parts. But out of the box it will not be a good racer till you do a few mods. 1. you got to change out the stock shocks (they are garbage) 2. you will need better tires (the stock ones are also garbage) Unless you just plan to bash, the stock shocks and tires will be fine. On mine I run the pro-line power strokes, and bowties, on velocity rims. With those 2 mods I did, it still comes in just a tad cheaper then the Revo. The TNX also comes with a OS motor, OS makes nothing but fine quality motors...ever hear the saying set it and forget it? Well thats what it is like running a OS motor....Set it and forget it.....

I don't own a Revo, So I don't intend to bash it, because from what I have seen they are nice trucks. The track where I race in the stock monster truck class it is a 50/50 split between the TNX's and the REVO's. Yes, they both win but neither truck is winning more or less over the other.....I think you will be just as happy with either the Revo or the TNX.....
I would say....Since you are from Iceland, and I dont know what is available to you....Get which ever truck is better supported in your area....either way it is not fun waiting for parts by mail order....So if your local hobby shop has and supports the Revo, then get that.....If they have and support the TNX then get that....If they have and support both....then you got a decision to make cause they are both good trucks...Here is a vid of my TNX in action....
[link=http://www.rcpics.net/view_single.php?medid=39245]Click Here[/link]