Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

TNX or Revo?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2004, 06:32 AM
Roboracer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TNX or Revo?

I was wondering... What truck would you buy, the TNX or the Revo? And why would you take that truck?
Old 10-12-2004, 01:26 PM
rscharp

Default RE: TNX or Revo?

bro please look in other posts about this. there are at least 10 other posts asking the same question, do a search.
Old 10-12-2004, 01:40 PM
tamiya08
My Feedback: (10)

also make sure you check out the mt comparison chart
Old 10-12-2004, 02:07 PM
binaryterror

Until Tamiyakid08 shows me his TNX, I'm all about saying the REVO is better

hint hint!
Old 10-12-2004, 02:12 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I own the TNX and it is a great Truck. I own the Revo but have never taken the time to fire it up and break it in, so I don't know. So far the though the Tnx is one fast mean and rugged truck. The revo is a real trick looking beautiful truck though. (RESEARCH TIME)
Old 10-12-2004, 02:23 PM
poor judgement

i dont own either - but would get the TNX just cos the kids on here leave u alone instead of invadin ur posts an saying "My trucks better than yoooouuurrrsss..." while their mothers spoon feed them...

it gets borin after a bit.....
Old 10-12-2004, 02:27 PM
jet6619

LOL
Old 10-12-2004, 06:37 PM
tamiya08

Until Tamiyakid08 shows me his TNX, I'm all about saying the REVO is better

hint hint!

lol im trying to get there
Old 10-12-2004, 07:27 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TNX for the price difference, purely an awesome truck and wicked Fast. Im not knocking the Revo, but The TNX is one rugged, hot fast running truck. Anyone want to buy a savage thats like brand new? Id like to get me anotherTNX!!!!!!!
Old 10-12-2004, 07:30 PM
Nitro Rustler Racer

me revo, why cuz i have a nitro rustler and if i brake a part it cost like 2 bucks for another one cheap i tell ya and durable
Old 10-12-2004, 08:26 PM
ThermalRD

The Revo hands down. Price difference means squat in this comparison. The Revo comes with an RX pack, and charger, and shocks that dont break on your first jump. TNX is a cool truck, but i wouldnt take it over the Revo.

Matt
Old 10-12-2004, 08:29 PM
oatmealman
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

duratrax warhead is my pic,but to anwser your question i would agree with thermal the revo would walk al over the tnx stock out of the box
Old 10-12-2004, 09:04 PM
repete

i made this decision myself..i went TNX...havent found a revo that can keep up
Old 10-13-2004, 05:23 AM
Roboracer

I read a TNX review on Wildhobbies.com, they said that it would would take some very hard landings to brake a thing. And I read the RCU review about the Revo, and they said that its not easy to brake a thing in the Revo + the spare parts are so cheap!
Old 10-13-2004, 06:04 AM
poor judgement

i was gonna type - go for whatever u can get the most spares for....no need to now

ask any cen owner.......

a truck thats working and on the road is the best type i know of - so in this case mate - get the revo, even tho i prefer the look of the tnx.

having said that, cant u get all the tnx and revo spares on the internet? cheaper than LHS surely. - so in this case get the tnx - cos its more interestin...

no - i am no help at all - just bored
Old 10-13-2004, 07:01 AM
breakin2
My Feedback: (1)

I had the same choice and took the TNX. I haven't regretted it. I finished breaking it in last weekend and it flies. I haven't even installed new shocks or tires yet (it's supposed weak-point) and it already handles better than any other truck I've driven. The truck is very durable for bashing and its race record speaks for itself. Plus, the Revo is 1/10 and resembles more of a stadium truck. The TNX is a full 1/8 MT, only it has the weight of a 1/10.
Old 10-13-2004, 09:50 AM
binaryterror

Both trucks are good...but Parts availability and hops ups always will go to the REVO...Tamiya even barely cares to support their TNX.
Old 10-13-2004, 12:08 PM
Noreaga

I have a TNX, and it is a great truck for the price. I have already raced it several times, an I am yet to break any parts. But out of the box it will not be a good racer till you do a few mods. 1. you got to change out the stock shocks (they are garbage) 2. you will need better tires (the stock ones are also garbage) Unless you just plan to bash, the stock shocks and tires will be fine. On mine I run the pro-line power strokes, and bowties, on velocity rims. With those 2 mods I did, it still comes in just a tad cheaper then the Revo. The TNX also comes with a OS motor, OS makes nothing but fine quality motors...ever hear the saying set it and forget it? Well thats what it is like running a OS motor....Set it and forget it.....

I don't own a Revo, So I don't intend to bash it, because from what I have seen they are nice trucks. The track where I race in the stock monster truck class it is a 50/50 split between the TNX's and the REVO's. Yes, they both win but neither truck is winning more or less over the other.....I think you will be just as happy with either the Revo or the TNX.....
I would say....Since you are from Iceland, and I dont know what is available to you....Get which ever truck is better supported in your area....either way it is not fun waiting for parts by mail order....So if your local hobby shop has and supports the Revo, then get that.....If they have and support the TNX then get that....If they have and support both....then you got a decision to make cause they are both good trucks...Here is a vid of my TNX in action....
[link=http://www.rcpics.net/view_single.php?medid=39245]Click Here[/link]
Old 10-13-2004, 12:47 PM
ThermalRD

ORIGINAL: Noreaga
But out of the box it will not be a good racer till you do a few mods. 1. you got to change out the stock shocks (they are garbage) 2. you will need better tires (the stock ones are also garbage) Unless you just plan to bash, the stock shocks and tires will be fine. On mine I run the pro-line power strokes, and bowties, on velocity rims. With those 2 mods I did, it still comes in just a tad cheaper then the Revo.
TNX sells for 359-379. Revo sells for 449 at the local Riders, and 468 at most other places. Depending which place youre comparing, yer looking at 100 dollars difference. Unless he gets the same discount your getting, he aint getting shocks, and tires for a hundred bucks. Especially not the shocks yer running. He still needs a Nimh pack, thats included with the Revo.
Old 10-13-2004, 01:10 PM
popa71

Although I think both are good MTs. The TNX is very generic your not really getting much except an OS engine. The Revo has far more adjustability and you get much more truck for your Money. The TNX is very plain, basic and for the beginer in this hobby. Plus aftermarket support will not be much. I would be very bored with it. The Revo is the ticket here, but to each his own!!!!!!
Old 10-13-2004, 01:37 PM
tamiya08

Both trucks are good...but Parts availability and hops ups always will go to the REVO...Tamiya even barely cares to support their TNX.
there starting to support the TNX, but not as much as revo
Old 10-13-2004, 03:00 PM
Tnx_4_life

I would be very bored with it. The Revo is the ticket here, but to each his own!!!!!!
i was wondering, how do u know you will get bored? u havent got 1. and i dunno, if u get bored of a truck, then this isnt your hobby. I dont believe u can really get bored of a truck....I mean u can ALWAYS hop up something. Theres always a better thing. On new era they have some nice stuff for the tnx, and its good stuff aswell. But hey, its what u prefer. I like the tnx, easy cleaning, and easy to work on BEacause of the basic setup. And that part about beginner i dunno....because i dunno if u read the first race tnx did, but it came in 1st and 2nd(could be 3rd i dunno).

But i would love to have a revo to, i love the way it looks . What i like is that the engine is good protected by the body, its fairly low so u wont scratch it.

So far my part

Tim
Old 10-13-2004, 04:45 PM
binaryterror

Ok I can solve this quandry....

ThermalRd bring out your REVO, Tamiyakid08 bring out your TNX to DirtBurners.

Let me drive them both, since I'm an XTM Fan, I'll give you a review....

Probably wouldn't be fair since ThermalRD's is a bit modified....but we could return it to stock right?

Seriously though...Tamiyakid08...me and ThermalRd just want to even see the TNX in person, running or not man. Plus ThermalRd and I could help you tune the engine. I need ThermalRD to help tune my Mammoth's Suspension once I get the other things buckled down here soon.
Old 10-13-2004, 05:10 PM
tamiya08

[Ok I can solve this quandry....

ThermalRd bring out your REVO, Tamiyakid08 bring out your TNX to DirtBurners.

Let me drive them both, since I'm an XTM Fan, I'll give you a review....

Probably wouldn't be fair since ThermalRD's is a bit modified....but we could return it to stock right?

Seriously though...Tamiyakid08...me and ThermalRd just want to even see the TNX in person, running or not man. Plus ThermalRd and I could help you tune the engine. I need ThermalRD to help tune my Mammoth's Suspension once I get the other things buckled down here soon.

im tring im tring.... i dunno about you driving it, im not ussaly willing to let people drive my rc cars and trucks. i need 4 more shocks then the tnx has a new set of them. but yea i still need tuning.. I am tring to get out there bt and thermal. i might try friday i dunno i got company coming up, so i might be busy getting ready for them who knows. if not ill try next sunday and so on and so on.....lol im rly sorry about this, i thought i was going to make it but things that i have no clue about apear and ruin my schedule
Old 10-13-2004, 05:46 PM
Razoo
My Feedback: (2)

I went with the TNX, I haven't regretted the decision at all. It all depends on what your looking for, both are nice trucks and you won't go wrong with either one. To say one is better than the other is speculative at best. Do your homework, figure out what you want it to do and get the one that best suits your needs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.