RCU Forums - View Single Post - TX Throttle
Thread: TX Throttle
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2004, 09:22 AM
John Murdoch
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TX Throttle

As you're probably aware, I just got my 9303 a couple of days ago and I've pretty much got it all figured out for my type of flying. I LOVE IT!

Now.. Comes the question. I've found out on both the 8103's (of which I have two) and the 9303 that there's a fine point on the throttle between idle and cut-off. I've had this issue with all three of my radios. When I enter a spin at idle and bury the sticks for the spin, the motor dies because there seems to be one more click beyond idle if you pull hard on the sticks. This also occurs when I'm landing. You know, you're going a little fast and when you inherently or automatically pull a little hard on the throttle stick, the motor dies. I don't want to set up the low idle with the stick jammed because during normal flying and takeoffs, and when the stick is just at the bottom of the range, the idle is too high.

I'm guessing you'll probably say that there's nothing that can be done other than watching my stick input. I'm also guessing you'll probably say to program a high idle flight mode or the like, but that really won't help with landings. But can you tell me if there's a safe way to maybe set a mechanical stop, mix or something that would positively create when the stick is burried, it has the same setting as let's say, one click up?

Believe me when I say I love this radio. Also, believe me when I say I can somehow get used to or work around this issue. But, believe me when I say that this is a common occurance with a lot of the flyers at our field that use the 662, 8103 and now the 9303.

Any help will surly be appreciated.

John