RCU Forums - View Single Post - Questions about Kyosho T-33A
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2004, 11:38 AM
NCC-1701

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Questions about Kyosho T-33A

Blaj,

The advice here on the T-33 is right on the mark. I have one and I really like it. Here's what I did to improve the performance of mine:

1. I used the stock fan. It's a pretty decent fan, especially for the money. I careflully balanced the rotor.

2. Replaced stock motor with a Mega 16-15-2 and 6 cells (Gold Peak 3300's) I will be switching to either 2s4p 6000 mah or 2s6p 9000 mah Kokams. I also used a Castle Phoenix 45. I hindsight, I probably should have moved the speed control into the exhaust duct for cooling because I had problems with it overheating in the battery compartment. I solved that problem with Radio Shack heat sinks.

3. I filled in the cheater holes on the lower portion of the inlet.

4. Notice the notch ahead of the inlets molded into the fuselage. I sanded these off. This easiest to do before gluing the fuselage halves together.

5. I rounded the inlet lips. This is probably the most important mod you can make, it really helps with air flow to the fan.

6. Although purely cosmetic, I heavily customized mine and covered it with Solar Film (using very low iron temp) to replicate the natural aluminum finish.

Good luck with your T-33. They're very nice airplanes.

Rob
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70655.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	183306