RCU Forums - View Single Post - New futaba 9C
Thread: New futaba 9C
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2001, 01:49 PM
sirrom
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 9C -vs- 8U -vs- 9Z -vs- JR

I fly nothing but Futaba so I am always interested in their new products. I currently own the 8UAPS and the 9Z and compared both to the JR 8103 and 10X. The right out of the box ease of programming for the Futaba is much nicer than the JR. The gyro sensing function of the 9Z and 9C are really nice for helicopter pilots. The jog dial of the 9C will make it much easier to get through the menus on the radio. The only advantage I see that the 8103 has over the futaba 8u is the sliders on the side. The 9Z is a little bigger and heavier than the 10x but when you are only flying for 10 minutes at a time does that really matter? I also like the fact that I can use ONE radio for my airplanes and helicopters (If fly both) and the fact that with the synthesizer module and receiver I can fly on any channel I want to.

I am not trying to start a JR - Futaba war here but I did the research into the different radios before I bought and for the money you get more features and versatility out of the Futaba radios.

Just my 1.5 cents worth.

patrick.