RCU Forums - View Single Post - Giant Scalers Vote! What brand servos do you fly your giant scale planes with?
Old 10-27-2004, 01:36 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Giant Scalers Vote! What brand servos do you fly your giant scale planes with?

Why is it so hard to comprehend the concept with regard to units sold verses purported servo failures?

And why are so many grouping servo failures together across the board; associating failure with issues that were born from crash damage, poor installation, inadequate power supplies, components utilized with higher than average electrical losses and lastly errors associated with installation be it mechanical/set-up/radio programming and the like and not to mention any unknown factor(s), i.e.; are you 100% sure the servo caused the problem, is it simply easier to point your finger at a servo verses find the root cause.

I am not suggesting that Hitec’s digitals don’t fail either; they do like all the rest. And it's really true, I have yet to experience a Hitec 5100, 5200, 5700, 5900 Digital servo failure. I did loose two 5645's during the bench burn-in a few years back.

Some of you have not been involved with this stuff (high power digital servos) as long as others that said if you had been you’d likely know that 8411’s have had their share of problems, obviously much more than is common knowledge. Have they crashed models, YES? I know of many… Additionally before the advent of the Matchbox many regularly had problems, what do you think necessitated the need for this gadget to begin with?

Sorry Paul, but I have the knowledge base, experience and more to accredit my assertions. Not only are my assertions and those of others plausible with regard to the purported failures or NOT herein of Hitecs Digitals, but they can be documented. No hearsay, rhetoric, finger pointing, lack of personal responsibility, personal agendas or the like, just the facts like it or not.