RCU Forums - View Single Post - Anyone run white gas (Coleman/Ozark/etc.) in their cars?
Old 12-03-2004, 12:52 PM
vksy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone run white gas (Coleman/Ozark/etc.) in their cars?

Here's my experience so far to help clear the air.

I was in the same boat like most of you in the beginning. I fly only nitro helis, so my knowledge with camping fuel comes 100% from my buggy. I had major doubts, but who can ignore the lure of stinkless fuel? So I asked several gasser heli engine experts and decided to use camping fuel with their help. The following is what I did:

1. Bought Coleman fuel from Wal-Mart
2. Bought Lawn Boy Ashless oil from Home Depot
3. Mixed 3 ounces of oil to the first gallon
4. Kept engine needles at the stock position
5. Fueled, fired, and let the engine rip

I don't play with the Marder too much because I want to sell it. So there's still some fuel left in the first can. But let me just say the engine runs just as good as any weedwhacker.

The gasser dudes also suggested that "Amsoil 100:1" must be used after 1-2 gallons at 2 ounces. Lawn Boy supposedly makes the Zenoah run hotter which seats the piston ring faster. Amsoil is for ultimate protection, so if used first, it'll take forever to break-in the engine. Amsoil is that good in their opinion.

If you follow the advice given to me, remember to buy the smallest can of Lawn Boy because you will not use much of it.