RCU Forums - View Single Post - TNX vs LOSI LST
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2004, 11:02 PM
tamiya08
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TNX vs LOSI LST

ORIGINAL: ScMc

Looking and calling? Well maybe I can find a TNX for 300 if i do a little "looking and calling" I agree with the better radio comment. Sorry but the Traxxas Customer support is a lot better than Team Losi's, And I've never heard anything wrong with Tamiya's. THe TNX does not need a .26 engine, If it had the .26, it would be overpowered. The OS .18 is a VERY nice engine. These trucks run side by side at top end. The Aluminum shocks are nice, I agree. The main difference between these two trucks is the DURABILITY. Forgot to mention the metal shavings in the .26 engines from the factory Pinolelst? Or maybe all the weak other parts that I've heard this truck wastes... If you wanted to get the LST up to the durability level of a TNX, then you would have to spend at least 100$ on parts (confirmed by a happy Losi LST owner on another forum)

I honestly didn't know the LST won any races, The two races that I have heard the most about lately were the Slayden/Jun races. Sorry.

Plus by the looks of the suspension arms and how short they are I doubt seriously it'd be able to handle the rough as well as the LST.
Don't tell me my truck wouldn't be able to handle the rough as good as an LST...

a nice radio would be nice, but i guess thats what an rtr radio is these days. the OS.18 it comes with is very nice, but it needs some new parts made from different matterials, such as a nice aluminum head, composite carb, and a O-RING IN THE carb inlet, i already had to rebuild the motor becuz there was dirt in it from the carb, it was not turning over smoothly, now it does after the rebuild, and i was smart and added an o-ring. the shocks, couldnt agree more, it needs new ones, once agian its an rtr truck thats what you get for that price. i have not heard of an LST winning a race yet, i kno it has done well in qualifing

chris