RCU Forums - View Single Post - TNX vs LOSI LST
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2004, 01:29 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: TNX vs LOSI LST

ORIGINAL: ScMc

Sorry but the Traxxas Customer support is a lot better than Team Losi's Forgot to mention the metal shavings in the .26 engines from the factory Pinolelst? Or maybe all the weak other parts that I've heard this truck wastes... If you wanted to get the LST up to the durability level of a TNX, then you would have to spend at least 100$ on parts (confirmed by a happy Losi LST owner on another forum)

I honestly didn't know the LST won any races, The two races that I have heard the most about lately were the Slayden/Jun races. Sorry.

I don't know about you, but my experiences with Traxxas' customer service sucked! They were useless at best.

The metal shavings only occur if the "washer" shreds. It's an easy and free mod to remove it, and Losi is no longer putting that washer in their engines.

I don't know who you are refering to about needing to spend $100 to make the LST durable, but I can give you a run-down of what it needs:
Aluminum diff cases ($10 a set)
New clutch shoes/springs ($10 for Savage shoes/springs)
Secondary gear cover ($5 from Losi or $15 on thEbay)

There you go, a minimum of $35 can make the LST as reliable as anything else.

The LST won the "U.S. Gas Nationals" it's first time out with Adam Drake at the wheel, after the exhaust pipe fell off halfway through the race. I've got the vid on my computer, and it has been posted in the LST forum.