RCU Forums - View Single Post - DA50- Anybody Having Trouble?
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2004, 10:55 AM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: DA50- Anybody Having Trouble?

I don't know -but I would suspect-- that inasmuch as they cater to the same BIG market (not us)- that it is in the same ballpark for specifications and use --like Redline Racing two stroke/ Klotz two stroke etc..
I am completely baffled by all the interest in running oils at extreme low % ratios .
NONE of the high power sports engine stuff especially performance bikes - do this .
We are running such small %'s -relative to the gasoline -that the idea that a bit more oil decreases power , really surprised me .
My testing , running of different oils has shown to me , that the 32-1 mix did two things immediately:
first - the incidence of scratches on the pistons dropped . tho this was never a big deal - it did change.
Next - the incidence of carbon -which was all over the place with non synthetic oil -- vanished.
third - overall performance went up.
I have never had a rod bearing failure in any of my engines (mostly ZDZengines) - so I obviously had mixtures about right all along .
I have scored and ruined a ring and barrel in hot weather running -on an 80 - a couple of years back - using 50 -1 stuff and running a bit lean -obviously -
I will really see how much improvement has occurred by the end of next summer .
I am not a degreed engineer - but have learned that if you don't have any failures - you never really tested anything - so - I will keep adjusting parameters and watching .
SO far so good on this stuff.