RCU Forums - View Single Post - DA50- Anybody Having Trouble?
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2004, 06:43 PM
RICK9303
My Feedback: (172)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DA50- Anybody Having Trouble?

I do know a while back some one wrote a article on oil ratios, performance, and heat. They started a 20 to 1 and went to 100 to 1, with a bunch of different high grade brands. What he found that that as he leaned the oil ratios some performace was seen, but so was heat. When he got to 100 to 1 he saw no increase in rpm, but did see a noticed increase in temp. His oppinion was after 50 to 1 there was no performance gain. He mentioned that some flyers swore by the 100 to 1 oils, there cleanness and power. One point was brought up about different times when flying were you had little or no forward speed to bring in air to the engine for cooling. This was the time that a richer oil content help protect the motor. IMO use what you have luck with, but if you go to the higher ratios, keep a close eye on engine temps after running.

Now with that said, ALL I asked to start with, was anyone having DA50 engine problems. Not
what prop to use, or oil to use or what ratio, or anything about any other engine. Thankyou to those who responded to my question. It would be better if people would stay on the subject matter, and start your own thread if you have a question not pertaining to what was asked.