RCU Forums - View Single Post - hobby lobby sport 500
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2004, 06:18 AM
AutoMike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: hobby lobby sport 500

Hey, if you can get it for $50 and it flies, go for it , otherwise getting a hawk, like has been said, is the way to go. The Sport 500...aah yes the does bring back the early days in high school trying to learn to fly. Finaly did and flew that thing for 3 years. Repaired it mainly with parts from the hardware store, LOL. No, really! I would buy that big American flag that came with the alum. pole for haging on the porch for $10 and would cut two tail booms from it. I had so many flags, I just gave them away. Wore out the metal gears and got the "upgrade" nylon ones, thought about getting the full 500 body kit and the collective upgrade...never did. I gave the twisted hulk to a neibor kid about 3 yrs ago in a move to a new house, I had it for 12 yrs by then. Didnt know Hobby Lobby still sold them but later found out they do and sell parts still today. They dont advertize them, you need to call, so before you get it call Hobby Lobby to make sure I'm right and you can still get parts so you can have that worry over. I see one on Ebay from time to time and have to resist getting it just to say I have one