Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

hobby lobby sport 500

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 07:51 PM
4shizzle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hobby lobby sport 500

hey guys... just wondering if anyone has any feed back about this chopper. I was looking for something on the cheap side and figured I would ask around and see what people thought and if anyone had one for sale so thanks and ill see ya!!!
Old 12-08-2004, 09:13 PM
syclic

Default RE: hobby lobby sport 500

Man-o-man, that brings back a lot of old nitemares for me.

Why even consider it when you can get a great little 30 size Century Hawk Sport for only $160.00 and it is light years ahead in technology, quality and performance?

Albert
Old 12-08-2004, 09:54 PM
Keemos

I have to agree with syclic... the sport 500 is out dated. For the same price you could go with [link=http://www.heli-world.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=CN1000B1SP&Category_Code=]Century's Hawk Sport[/link] with engine. There are a lot of newer choppers out there today for a reasonable price. Any reason you wanted the sport 500???
Old 12-10-2004, 01:43 PM
ChopperMike

I 3rd that motion! We must always move forward.

Mike
Old 12-15-2004, 06:18 AM
AutoMike

Hey, if you can get it for $50 and it flies, go for it , otherwise getting a hawk, like has been said, is the way to go. The Sport 500...aah yes the does bring back the early days in high school trying to learn to fly. Finaly did and flew that thing for 3 years. Repaired it mainly with parts from the hardware store, LOL. No, really! I would buy that big American flag that came with the alum. pole for haging on the porch for $10 and would cut two tail booms from it. I had so many flags, I just gave them away. Wore out the metal gears and got the "upgrade" nylon ones, thought about getting the full 500 body kit and the collective upgrade...never did. I gave the twisted hulk to a neibor kid about 3 yrs ago in a move to a new house, I had it for 12 yrs by then. Didnt know Hobby Lobby still sold them but later found out they do and sell parts still today. They dont advertize them, you need to call, so before you get it call Hobby Lobby to make sure I'm right and you can still get parts so you can have that worry over. I see one on Ebay from time to time and have to resist getting it just to say I have one