RCU Forums - View Single Post - My Super Skybolt progress
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2002, 05:29 AM
SunDevilPilot

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Looks Like I am going to have some work!

Well, after getting used to the difference in flying characteristics I decided that I really like how biplanes fly. I started flying planes with a GP Cap 232. I decided on this as my trainer because I am an RC Heli Pilot and I thought, how hard could it be. I was correct in my decision. I still have my cap and it has never been crashed. I am a self taught pilot and I guess I just got lucky. Actually, I owe most of my sucess to Real Flight. After the Cap I decided that I wanted a biplane so I got the GP Ultimate. Was a joy to build and it flys great. I seems a little heavy but still has good flight characteristics. After seeing your pics of the skybolt I decided that I would do something that I said I would never do again, and that is build another biplane. I figure this kit will really test my building skills! So far I have the Cap, Ultimate, 90% of a GP Extra (.60 size), and my heli (Raptor 30). This will be a welcome airplane to my fleet, Hopefully! After the rave reviews that everyone seems to have about this plane I hope they are right.

Let the Building Continue!!!! Phil (Mesa, AZ)

By the way, the 90% of the extra is because it is almost done being covered and not a crash related deduction of 10%!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	25097_8231.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	14375