RCU Forums - View Single Post - Help me with my new /used 54" Dumas Scarab
Old 12-29-2004, 11:16 PM
TERBObob
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help me with my new /used 54" Dumas Scarab

Speed ? That will depend on setup ( strut angle , prop used , is the prop modified and by whom ? What shape is the engine in ?
Now , comparing to a Zenoah ( I assume this what you meant ) .... lets see , the Zenoah , will outlast and outperform the 90 .
you can mod the Zenoah yourself to get more HP and R's .
The Zenoah uses 2.00 ( aprox cost , pending on where you live ) per gallon fuel , whereas the 90 uses the high dollar nitro AND those 90's LOVE it and suck it up REAL fast . To run a day with the 90 will cost you around $30.00 .... to run a day with a Zenoah , it'll cost you TOPS of $4.00 ....
myself , I LOVE nitros , the cost of the parts are cheaper , ( meaning hardware , mounts , etc , etc, BUT ... they are also more of a pain getting them tuned right sometimes . )
Floatation ... should be like your Visa / master Card .... NEVER leave home without them !
meaning ... PUT SOME IN ! ! !
if that boat flips , turns too sharp and digs in and rolls , or God knows what .. there goes ALL that money right down in Davy Jones Locker .... ( and if you think you'll find it .... best of luck to ya )
Failsafe ? Again ... ALWAYS .... what happens if you get your Rx wet ? or batteries run low ? range is not the only thing that a failsafe protects from .... what happens if you get interference caused from another source ? hummmm ... all sound like a REAL good reason to STOP that 50 MPH torpedo .... not to mention if you HIT somebody or something that belongs to someone else .... LAWSUIT !
so ... that $27.00 sounds good now , huh ? for a failsafe .
use some pool noodles , put them up front , under the bow , and then run some along the outside of the motor mount rails and that will be plenty for floatation .