RCU Forums - View Single Post - TOP FLITE TAURUS REPRODUCTIONS
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2004, 01:37 PM
Deadstik
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: TOP FLITE TAURUS REPRODUCTIONS

I'm glad you recognized my comments for what they are... a tongue in cheek Joke! Believe me, I know what it costs to bring a kit out, and to produce a balsa intense, Taurus level kit for $100 is darn near impossible.. unless Jeff wants to work for 32 cents an hour. Whenever you produce "vintage" kits, you can't expect the world to beat a path to your door. You sell a few here and there.. when somebody in an area of the country sees your kit, some excitement forms and you get a couple of orders. Just In Time delivery is the name of the game..and as much as I like producing vintage pattern kits I don't think I can retire early doing it. Somehow, when somebody sees one of the classic planes, it starts the old memory juices flowing and I think a lot of people then get the nostalgia bug. (I know I do). I certainly wish Jeff the best of luck, and will purchase one of his kits when he gets them ready. I'll post a picture of the Fiberglass/foam Taurus when I get it finished...then modelers will have a couple of choices.

We have a surprising number of kit manufacturers here in North Carolina. Everybody seems to have their little nitch as planes are being produced here from .010 jewels from Early R/C to absolutely beautiful vintage kits from Joe Grasso, state of the art Pattern ships by Piedmont Models, laser cut jets from a company in Greensboro, and of course, my vintage pattern ships. It's a tough world for kit guys right now since a lot of people believe you assemble a plane and the skills to build haven't been passed on. But that's OK, things change, and the pleasure of building and flying will continue.

Dan Hines
Carolina Custom Aircraft

aka Deadstik.......[8D]