RCU Forums - View Single Post - Vectorflight Edge 540 build
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2005, 12:38 PM
ez2bgman
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Vectorflight Edge 540 build

Luke,

I am going to use an APC 16x6 prop. That is what I used to break the engine in with. I was afraid that a smaller prop would carry too much speed on landings. One thing that I would really like to tray is a 3-bladed prop. Would you happen to have any idea on what size/pitch 3-blade prop to try for the Saito 120?

I wish I would have used hingepoints on all the surfaces. I forgot to get some at the LHS last week so I used some H9 CA Hinges that I had laying around. I like the H9 hinges better than the ones provided with the plane. They have a little more surface area. I also used 3 hinges in each elevator hlaf instead of the recommended 2. I don't forsee any flutter problems. But to be on the safe side, I will probably seal the hinge gaps for the ailerons and elevators.

After reading that you stated the roll rates were kind of slow in the PM you sent me, I set my high rates to 1" travel in both directions. If this seems too be to fast, I will dial it out until I get the desired response. I will then post my results here afterwards.

I am glad to hear that the Saito 120 has no problem hauling this bird around. I do not plan on attempting any 3-d flying due to the weight, but I would like to try to at least get a decent hover. My 3-d skills are very lacking and I did not purchase this plane for that.

Do you use exponential? Exponential will really help soften the pitchiness of these planes. Try setting your expo at around 30-40% and then go up or down as needed. It will probably take a few flights to get it just right.

Here's a dilemma that I have. I am expecting a package from a trade that I conducted here on RCU. I traded a tricked out T-Maxx for 2 Jr radios and receivers, some misc. servos, and other misc. equipment. One of the radios is a JR PCM10SXII and the other is a JR 8103. From what I understand, the PCM10SXII is supposed to be way better and easier to program than my Futaba 8UHPS. Should I go with the JR gear and start switching the rest of my fleet to JR, or stick with the Futaba stuff? Now I know that this is not the newer Jr PCM10X, but it is still the generation just before it and should be better than what I am currently using.

Thanks again.