RCU Forums - View Single Post - Mini Funtana Gear Box Problems
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2005, 09:11 PM
furyflyer01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mini Funtana Gear Box Problems

Well........I used the stock gearbox, (4200 Kv E-Flight Park 400 motor, Phoenix 25 SC, TP 2100 MAh 3S Li-Po) set the mesh exactly per instructions, and it didn't last through three waterfalls. Stripped out the spur gear. So, got another one and the pinion spun out. Not too happy w/ either result!

I just installed an MPI HiMaxx metal gearbox w/ built in heatsink and it is SOOO smooth! Runs quieter, less vibration and is Very tough. The motor also stays MUCH cooler. I would reccomend anyone who has probs w/ stock GB to get this one, (just make sure you buy the shaft for GWS or E-Flight GB's, $1.25) NO WAY can the motor move away from the spur gear, very nicely made!

By the way..........this plane is AWESOME! Blenders are sooooooo cool, parachutes, walls, harriers, you pretty much name it and it does it! Don't listen to anyone who say this plane stinks. It tracks well, very smooth for everyday flying like a pattern plane, then comes alive when you want it to! Make sure you laterally balance it, especially if it drops a wing in elevator.

Scott