RCU Forums - View Single Post - O.S. .46 AX Shims
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2005, 04:59 PM
daven
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: O.S. .46 AX Shims

I had to change the bearings on my OS AX because the stock ones rusted out almost immediately. I didn't get anything exotic, just another set of the o.s. and made sure that I kept them oiled a little better (you could get away without oiling an FX all summer).

I tried ceramic bearings in a nelson a few years ago, and basically it was a waste of money. I don't think we run them hot enough, or at high enough RPM for them to really make a difference. At least I didn't see it to justify the expense.

Shims have always been legal to play with in club racing. We played with the FX for a couple years and found that everything you did, really didn't improve anything. The AX does seem to like the head lowered slightly. I don't know of a shim readily available for the AX, so I thought I'd share my source. I remember a race this year where a member cut the heck out of his thumb trying to trim down another shim to fit the AX.

As too blueprinting an OS, that is something I have NEVER done. I will trade parts on Nelsons, but never felt it was necessary for club racing.

See ya tommorrow, I'm normally very excited about these meetings, but not about tommorrows. I just want to go have lunch and a few "adult beverages" with my friends, but it sounds like a lot of people want to change something that is not broken with a bunch of liberal rules that really won't solve anything. The best will still win!

I keep hearing this alleged beef about "hard" wings. What the hell is this? If I look at the winners from last year, there was not a "hard" wing winner in the bunch, just a bunch with composite tails and fiberglass fuses.