RCU Forums - View Single Post - Complete Begginer, Need Advice.
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2005, 01:32 PM
GhosstFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Complete Begginer, Need Advice.

Well im in the same boat as well. i am looking to get into heli flying; planes just dont do it for me as I thought they would. Anyhow I am looking to get my first rig and i am very uncertain on what type of heli I want to get, however one thing if for sure i am not doing Gas.

So here is my dilema, is it easier to learn on a bigger copter or smaller. Now here is what I have Found and where I am Stuck.

I am certian that I want a Ikarus made, mainly since my shop carries parts for them... and can get them fast if he dont have it.

I have a Radio from my Planedaze, a Futaba 6da, thats a FYI.

I am leaning on getting a ECO 8 since its bigger (and more expensive to fix when i smash it into the ground, its not if its when and I accept that) everyhting I have been reading has said thats a good learner that can be upgraded to almost Gas perfomance (thats appealing to me)

seconndly i have looked at the "Fun" Piccolo, reason being its all there and i dont need to buy anythning extra. but I have read that they are not good to learn on.

Anyway any and all comments are welcome and I look forward to hovering for a long time.

Thanks All

IM PUCHING OUT....