RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Tempest
Thread: New Tempest
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2005, 10:51 PM
rodney tanner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Tempest

Tempest first flights.
Basic set up: JR servos 8411SA-rudder; 9411SAs-airolons;3421SAs-elevators and a 341 mini on the throttle. MK and Rocket City hardware. Bolly LG, F3A-large. Fished weight - 9.10 # . . . . had to put 2.5 oz on the tail to balance :-(
I won´t go through the whole first flight report thing. Mike has already gone through the flight characteristics in detail, so I would just be repeating.
Suffice to say this plane flies as advertised!! I put 8 flights on it today and really love the way it rolls, snaps, point rolls in the verticals, everything inverted and everything else you need for the Advanced schedule, as Mike intended when he designed it. It´s a definite improvement on what I have been flying. All I have to do now is work a bit on the rudder mixes and burn a lot of fuel!!!
After two gallons through it, the Mintor ended up very close to the factory recommended settings (main needle at 1 - 1/4 open, low end at 1/16 lean from centre). ES piepe at 23.5" from plug to FB. Power Master 15%-18% plus 2% additional Klotz. Plugs X2 OS-Fs. 17x13 APC - 7,640 RPM. Grunt City!!! It took some time to get the mid range right. It will idle for 5 mins and transition perfectly. I did that before the first flight. :-)