RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hitec 55's with FMA receiver?
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2005, 07:31 AM
BasinBum
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hitec 55's with FMA receiver?

Well make sure to add in your article the service from FMA is less than stellar. I had a faulty switch that burned out the PIC on my Extreme 5. After two months and $25 I got it back. First flight the plane lost reception and crashed, turned out the crytal socket had an intermittent connection. I was notified of a crash and burn policy to upgrade to the M5 for $45. which I thought should be free after paying $25 for nothing. They split the differance for another $25 I got a new M5. Two flights with the M5 and the next day it won't respond upon start up. I tried all sorts of things and finally gave up and stuck it back in the car. Tried it later in the day and it suddenly worked. Since it was a foamy I flew it and after 8 minutes it "locked out" and now it won't work at all. Switched back to a 555 and it works great in the same application for 5 flights now. I'll send it back in and see what happens but I am loosing faith in FMA.

The Shadow-1 looks interesting but is completely sold out and now is being replaced with a seven channel unit that won't be out untill mid summer.

My 555 performs really well at as busy an airfield as you can imagine so last century technology or not they work. Fred Marks and Berg are definitely on to something but if you have an expensive plane a Futaba FP149-DP is still one heck of a reciever.