RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pre packaged Spad kits?
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2005, 06:31 PM
bryris

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Pre packaged Spad kits?

The problem is that everytime that I have gone to Lowes or HD for things for my plane (tools and somewhat regular stuff), they don't seem to have it. Or when I ask someone, they look at me like I am nuts. I don't really want to spend a lot of money on this SPAD gig, I just want to goof around with very little $$ on the line.

However, my time is valuable too. I don't mind spending a few extra dollars to save me a bunch of hassle of running all around town to places that likely won't carry what I am looking for.

I have never seen a SPAD airplane in my life other than the pictures. I like the concept of having a cheap little flyer to goof around with, but to be honest, I really don't know where to start.

The balsa airplanes just make good sense. Go to towerhobbies, horizon, or the LHS and pick what you need. I can do that! But, I am sort of overwhelmed at where to go to get the SPAD stuff, of which I wouldn't know if I saw it. What the heck is gutter pipe and C channel aluminum?

Get my drift? I am a quick learner, but am spinning my wheels a bit trying to get started.