RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hitec 55's with FMA receiver?
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2005, 08:31 PM
mickey-gem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hitec 55's with FMA receiver?

I still have a Quantum 8 receiver, still in the package that I purchased directly from
FMA. I will probably e-bay it before I even try it out, so I do not have to deal with FMA
directly. When I ordered the quantum 8, I received an e-mail from them stating that the
quantum 8 was not in stock, and would not be back in stock for 3 weeks. I then e-mailed
the sales department and asked them to cancel my order due to the 3 week plus one week
shipping time, expressing that I needed the receiver much sooner.

I received an e-mail the very next day that indicated that they had just received an invoice
of available receivers and that I would have it delivered within a few days.??????????????????

So now I have a receiver that I do not really want to use because of past experience with the 2 M5's
and wondering how they "miraculously" had receivers available after I asked them to cancel my order?????

A receiver should be good "all around" not one aspect perfected (computerized de-coder) and then
another aspect imperfected (buzzing) I should clarify that with the GWS servos I tested the M5 with, there
was more than just buzzing, the control surfaces were deflecting about 2-3 mm in either direction, and
the buzzing sound was pretty bad especially with the GWS servos, so bad that I switched to a different channel
and crystal on my Spectra Module because I thought I was getting a hit or major interference!