RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fix Aerobird Extreme or invest in a different bird?
Old 02-23-2005, 05:49 AM
Deano440

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fix Aerobird Extreme or invest in a different bird?

As seems to be a common problem my EBX lost all control response on it’s maiden voyage and smashed into the ground it now needs a new main wing and tail, the battery did eject but doesn’t seem to have caused any further damage. I then decided to give a commander a go rather than repairing the EBX and all went well until the wind picked up slightly and what ever I did the commander could not fight against it.

I think I would prefer a plane with a least 3 channels so that with the elevator I stand a chance against the wind, so the EBX would be fine but I do not want to spend more money on it if the problem is going to persist. I have never flown RC planes before but have flown heli’s for a few years and didn’t find the EBX too much of a problem before it failed, but while I was getting a feel for things I didn’t want anything any quicker than the EBX so thought the F27 may not be ideal.

So should I fix my EBX and can I prevent this from happening again, or can anybody recommend a plane that may be a better investment? I don’t mind spending more money if it is going to be reliable and will fly reasonable well in wind, I think I may have been a little spoilt as my heli will fly in almost any wind conditions.