RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fix Aerobird Extreme or invest in a different bird?
Old 02-23-2005, 08:33 PM
vidpokbob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fix Aerobird Extreme or invest in a different bird?

Guess I must be lucky with mine right now, because this is THE plane right now for me. I was ready to give up on flying (only been at it for about 1-1/2 months), but then i bought the ABX and it's nothing but great times. I have gone down once, but that was my fault because I did not re-trim after a bumpy landing; all that needed replacing was the tail assembly (and now I keep an extra in case I brain-freeze again). Otherwise, with the 1800mAh stock battery and a spare and still all stock set-up, I get from 10-12 minutes of flying even with some gusts (but still nothing above 7-8 mph until I get better at this).

I did have some problems starting out in the default mode (Sport). Once I tried Pro, I had plenty of elevator (in fact, I almost stalled a few times). I followed the instruction book's advice about adjusting the tail screws so that I can give it just a smidge of up so that when I go cross-wind or turn directly into the wind, I won't get knocked down too much and also won't get pushed up into a stall.

You need to do what you feel is right, but this plane has been nothing but kind to me.