RCU Forums - View Single Post - Brushless F-27 Stryker
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2005, 01:25 PM
Pyrock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Brushless F-27 Stryker

Toomunsch,

Thanks for the PM. I haven't downloaded it yet but I will soon.

On a separate note, I TRIED MY BRUSHLESS Stryker!!!! After taking the stocker out for two batteries, I finally had the courage to take out the brushless...we dont need no stinkin canopies!! I used duct tape to make a temporary canopy. It took a couple of tries to launch it because I was a bit wimpish due to the humming 7X6 prop next to my hand. After 2-3 belly flops, I finally gave it close to full throttle and WOooosh....up she went. Before I go on, realize that this is only the second plane I've flown and probably only my 10th flying session and probably my 4th time with a Stryker. I started with a few counter clockwise circuts around the field then finally took her vertical!!! Scared the shiat out of me because I almost lost sight of it. I cut the throttle and glided it back in then did a few more conservative loops, figure eights and the like. I had to adjust the trim to compensate for the torque but now she's all set. Not one crash during the 15-20 minute flight and the battery was not even warm. I think a 4 cell would do the trick with a 7x7 prop but I need more practice.