RCU Forums - View Single Post - new Arf Boomerang 14lb thrust
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2005, 07:12 PM
rcguy!
My Feedback: (69)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: new Arf Boomerang 14lb thrust

Here's MY plan for the servos and why:

Ailerons, flap, and elevator.....Futaba 9252 92oz .14 sec 1.8oz Got them when I bought my 9CHPCM Not to mention they are fairly light at 1.8oz vs 2.1 on some others. Remember the elevator servo mounts way back into the stab. An 1/2 oz there saves 1 oz in the nose........

Rudders.........Hitec HS5245 61oz .15 sec 1.12oz MINI These weigh 1oz apiece less than a close to equivelant standard servo. 2ozs way back by the tail will save putting 4 more ozs in the nose to get it to balance. Thats 6 oz savings. Yeah I know Alan recommends 70oz on the flying serfaces, but come on, 61oz for EACH rudder seems just fine.

Steering, retracts and brakes....Hitec HS225MG 54oz .14 sec 1.09 oz. Good reliable servo for non critical operations at a good price. Weight not an issue but size is as these will be mounted up front and I know it will get crowded. May go with HS85MG if space gets real tight!

A JetCatUSA P60 is planned for the "push". Futaba Super 9C on PCB to guide her.

Wheels and brakes yet to be determined. My Reaction 54 has a nose wheel Kavan electromagnetic brake that is attractive for this application for two reasons...It mounts on the nose wheel and weighs several ozs and does not mount on the mains behind the center of gravity. The nose wheel retracts forward thus helping with a proper balanced model too. A "win win?" Landing speed looks awful slow so it might be just the ticket. At @ $55 bucks it fills the bill nicely. Substitue the servo and microswitch with a electronic switch and no muss or fuss. No air leaks either! Hmmmm....

Thats what I plan...Comments please?

Dave Rigotti