View Single Post
Old 03-15-2005, 06:01 PM
lsnover
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DA 50 Ignition Wire Question

ORIGINAL: aerocom20

Lee :
I agree with you about the wing attachments. When i did my setup i found that i needed to enlarge the holes in the center brackets as they didn't line up with the pre drilled holes in the wing. I did notice there are directions to do this on the GP web site...however by doing this I found that the alignment between the upper wing tips and the tail ie equal distances can be screwed up as a little error in the center brackets makes a big difference at the wing tips. As for your wing incidences if they are different from the left hand side compared to the right hand side...maybe its the join between wing panels to the center panel. Because there are two joins we only need a little misalignment on either or both joins and that would show up when the incidences are compared.
regards
adrian
Adrian:

Yes, could be in the panels. I put them together as straight as possible, but it only takes a little variation for half a degree. Hopefully it won't be enough to bother it when I fly. The distances between the front and back edges on both sides is dead on, so you got me. Plus it's hard to get the plane itself 100% level. My landing gear is bent a little on one side (out of the box), and I had to prop things up to get it level. When you are working in 3 dimensions it get's messy. I'm no more than 1/16" off anywhere, so I can't imagine it being too bad.

Thanks,
Lee