RCU Forums - View Single Post - I am breaking in my savage...but...
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2005, 03:10 PM
Salty0790

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am breaking in my savage...but...

sorry for posting so much in the last couple days. i am in need of help often. right now its a very hot 53 degrees out and close to 60 on my closed porch. my savage is sitting on the porch right now. as soon as i got home i took the truck (the cylinder head was very warm) and put it on a box outside my door. i made sure it was primed good. i tried starting it once, it didnt. i tried again and it turned over. i ran for about 8 seconds until it died. i tried again (turning the trim for the carb up a little so it would get more gas) and it turned over again. after it started it revved up high (because i set the trim that way). startled by the sudden noise, i turned the trim down a little. it revved down a bit and sat and idled with the wheels spinning. then it died. this happened several times before my roto ran out of juice. i am charging it right now. every time it revved up, i turned the trim down a little. and it dies. should i let it rev up? for a couple seconds? or is there something wrong? thanks.