RCU Forums - View Single Post - OFFICIAL JUMPING THREAD!
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2005, 03:52 PM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OFFICIAL JUMPING THREAD!

I thought it would be a good idea to give eachother tips for jumping. Many of us (myself, and others) are new to R/C... even if we're not... we're new to MT's... We buy these MT's to have fun with... and bash and jump, and such... but we don't know the tricks of the trade. I thought we could all share different tips and tricks to landing jumps without breaking stuff! I, personally, have learned how to flip the truck.... either forwards or backwards... and land.

I'll start. When jumping, if you are new to jumping... hit the jump at a slower speed until you get the hang of it... and you know where the ramp is going to take you. When I built my ramp, I did not realize that I would have such a lift on it that it would take my truck practically STRAIGHT up in the air 10-15 feet. Luckily, I took it easy the first time, and got a little lift. Of course, I didn't know how to land it correctly, so it did a few cartwheels, and somersaults. Then, I got more of the hang of it, and I could land it on all-4's. Then, I decided to try flipping it. I started with a front-flip, since that seemed to be the easiest (just had to hit the brake)... I found that it is harder to control a front flip than a back flip, however. Basically, all you do is... after getting in the air, simply hit the brake until the truck has gone all the way around... if you go too far, you can hit the gas to bring it back, however if you hit the ground full-throttle, you have more of a chance of breaking stuff (might as well just let it land on the bumper...). To perform a back flip, hit the ramp... let off a little, then full-throttle through the flip... and get it all the way around. I have found it's easier to hit the backflip if I'm not in second gear... or at the top of first gear, then when I hit the ramp and throttle it, it hits second and gives me the torque to flip the truck around.

Alright... I have my part done... who's next?