RCU Forums - View Single Post - Scale olde non-lead sled
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2005, 11:39 AM
mmartin55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Scale olde non-lead sled

Ok its been a busy year and I haven't posted back our progress, sorry.

Here is the latest and I think it qualifies for "golden age-ish":

I am putting the finishing touches on the Schweizer SGS 1-7 plans for 1:6 scale and once I laser cut the parts and proof it I will immediately bump it up to 1:3 and start cutting in that scale. If anyone is interested in 1:6, 1:5 or 1:4, I can increase the size and send them to you for scratch building and let you make the adustments in stock size.

At 1:6 the fuselage is constructed with open 1/8" plywood bulkheads which simulate the welded steel construction of the original and the larger main 3 fuselage longerons are 3/16" diameter carbon fiber tubes for strength followed by the rest of the truss members and stringers of 1:8" diameter dowel. The idea was to build an extremely light structure approaching as closely as possible a true scale representation of the original. I've used the 3021 foil to allow for good penetration and make up for the frontal area drag created by the large fuselage cross section. I think it'll be fun in both scales, but a real show-stopper in 1:3.

Also have the Schweizer 1-1 Primary glider plans available as well. Pick your size and email or PM me for more information.

Check out pictures and three-views of the full scale here: http://perso.wanadoo.fr/vincent.besa...seum/index.htm

tm
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47075.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	251892