RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar 9 P-40 Warhawk
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2005, 01:51 PM
Bama
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hangar 9 P-40 Warhawk

fw190,
You don't have anything to worry about. We have about 20 of the Hangar 9 warbirds flying at our field and nobody has had any failures of any kind. They are all built stock with no reinforcements. I have the P-40 waiting in line in my shop and it will be built stock just like all the others.

A lot of what you read here is people repeating what they have read here, or just jumping on the bandwagon with some of the more "popular" members, and have no actual experience with this happening. I have come to find that a lot of the information here is just plain false. There is a lot of great information and help here also. It's just like anything else, you have to decide who you are going to believe. And of course you should believe me, because my opinion is right.

This is not to say that failures haven't happened, but you read very few first hand accounts of this. I can only remember a few posts with pictures of damage. Even when there are failures, how do we know that they were assembled correctly?

One more note: Post count does not equal knowledge or experience. (I say that becuse mine is low, post count that is)

No offense is meant to anyone here, these are just my opinions.
Alan