RCU Forums - View Single Post - engine mystery
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2005, 04:34 PM
minny minoza

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: engine mystery

ORIGINAL: djlyon

Hi all

I have 2 Norvel .061s. One RC, one not RC. They are both designated AME high performance engines. It has always been my understanding that the AME was the designation given to the high performance versions of the Norvel engines. They are both NIB and the box says Norvel with small print calling them AME high performance engines. The Norvel .15 is plain bearing and the Norvel AME.15 is ball bearing.

The 1.0 is on my engines also and means 1cc or .061 cubic inches.

So Minny you have a .061 Norvel AME high performance engine.
Thanx, Denis, for the encouraging details.

Been breaking it in on a gravity tank, and it seems to run pretty well--although, as mentioned earlier in this thread, it doesn't wanna run unless I keep the glow heater turned on. I'm anxious to try the cox glowhead suggestion, as I have a few of these lying around. You ever tried this?

Needle also doesn't seem quite as subtle as on my other norvels--but that may be due to the faulty glowplug. Will see if it needles more precisely with a cox glowhead. Slightly diminished performance won't be a problem, as I've still gotta put in a lot of handle time before I'm really ready for super-speed flying.

Gonna run a few more gravity tankfulls through it before I hook it up to a bladder.

Again, Denis, thanx, for your input. This engine came to me unused, although without box or literature, so I'm grateful for the info.

Best,
M