RCU Forums - View Single Post - Boat club near Jordan Lake, NC?
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2005, 12:45 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boat club near Jordan Lake, NC?

I'm curious whether there's any interest in trying to form some kind of organized boating activities in the area. Jordan has a number of impounded (not sure if that's the right term) areas that are cutoff from the main lake, but convenient to roads. Since these are surrounded by Army Corps or Engineers controlled land, the odds of anyone building nearby houses are minimized. If a few people can organize, we should be able to get permission to use one of these areas.

My boating interest has always been small (3.5) to mid-sized (.45) nitro boats, I don't have the budget (I could swing it if I didn't already have money invested in so many other toys). I also haven't branched into electrics or gas. Again, it's a money thing. I've also never been into throwing hundreds (or thousands) of dollars into engine hop-ups or 50% nitro. However, in order to attract interest, one should keep an open mind...

So, my vision is a group of people interested in creating a place to run, and have some informal racing. The "club" would be open to glow, gas, or electric. The only requirements are a desire to have fun, and willingness to share this fun with others. Anyone in the area around Jordan (Pittsboro, Chapel Hill, Durham, Cary, Apex, Raleigh, Sanford, etc) who is interested, post a reply, send me a PM, or an email. If we can get a core of 4 to 6 people, we can build a plan to approach the state or corps for permission. Of course we also could just informally meet somewhere on the lake.