RCU Forums - View Single Post - SUPERSONIC mini plane mods...
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2005, 09:29 PM
MUSIC PUBLISHER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SUPERSONIC mini plane mods...

This is for the supersonic mini plane sold at Raidentech .com..its a $24.95 plane..and with a wingspan around 20"..canniot really be considered a micro plane...its more like a small parkflyer..and because of this Im gonna post in this forum about it..In its stk form..the plane comes with everything needed to fly,,and for a $25 plane..actually flys great..once you trim it out correctly..by adjusting the 2 elevators down ward at about a 45 degree angle..this is needed because the plane is extremely tail heavy..also the rudder needs to be bent to the right about a 1/16th of an inch...I have not met anyone that decided to turn this plane into full functioning 3 channel plane{ in its stk form..there are no elevators/esc..etc.} ..so I decided to take the plunge...keep in mind..this is the supersonic plane and not the syma preserver which is much smaller with a wingspan of only 10"..
The supersonic is actually 2 halfs of foam..glues/taped together..with alot of inside room for mounting servos and all the other components needed to turn it into a great 3 ch. flyer..one you peel off all the stickers..you will be able to take a razor knife and slowly split the plane into 2 halfs...the total weight of this plane with battery installed is 2.8ozs ..incredibly..once you pull out all the stk components and put in the new electrics..the plane will be a few grams lighter...if you purchase the components I list...the other great thing is all the neccesary electrics cost less then $120..you will then own a great fling mini plane..that is so light..it can be flown in your front yard..above the streets {at your own risk of course} ..and you will have full function to fly and do acrobatics...and if you happen to hit a car or house/etc..the plane is so light there is very lil damage incurred..as the weight of the plane isnt enuff to destroy itself....the next thread is a list of components...