RCU Forums - View Single Post - First Flight
Thread: First Flight
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2005, 06:08 PM
Audie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Flight

Hello, fellow remote control aircraft enthusiasts. I will soon take my first step into this fascinating world of remote control, affordable, aviation. However, before I travel to the remote control airfield and try my hand at defying gravity I wanted to ask a few questions. I recently purchased the Nexstar Select from Towerhobbies, and I have been spending every free minute I have in the included simulator in various conditions and weather (About 7 and 1/2 hours so far, aiming for 20+ before first flight), but before I fly in real life, I wanted to ask, how realistic is the simulator, and should I spend more than 20+ hours in it before I really fly? Also, what is the average run time for the Nexstar select? I have done the math and it should be around 20 to 25 minutes, is that accurate? And my final question, has anyone heard of the Loveland propbusters near Cincinnati? They are the nearest RC airfield and will probably be the club I join and receive training from, I went to see their facility today and was generally quite impressed by what I saw there. Are there any members here? Thanks, and sorry for the long post.

(Also-If you have something to add, please feel free to mention it. I will take anything that can give me an advantage out there.)

(Edit 1 - Is there anything I should know about the handling characteristics of the Nexstar? I have read every review I can find and, as I mentioned before, have spent a large amount of time in the simulator. Is there anything I might have missed about my plane? I have been flying without the AFS in the simulator because I prefer how it handles without it, should I use it on my first flights just incase I get in trouble and my trainer doesn't realize it in time?)