RCU Forums - View Single Post - New 14MZ user's your thoughts
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2005, 09:57 AM
bluestratos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New 14MZ user's your thoughts

I called the long distance help line of Futaba becuase I was having trouble setting up Dual Rates with my ailerons being split on channel 1 and channel 5. I was on hold for a total of 20 minutes. The call was of no help.

The manufacture help line did let me in on a secrete. The photo copied stack of papers I got as a manual is not the real manual. They are still trying to find a company to write it! Japan would not let them use their version of the manual so they wrote this stop gap manual on the interm. I asked when we will get the real manual and they said they did not know if it would even be this year! They also said they could not promise if there would not be a charge to get it! lol...

I passed this along to Tower Hobbies, suggesting they put some pressure on to get a toll free # for the interm and that the FAQ on www.14mz.com be updated daily. The reponse was "we forwarded your concerns to Futaba "and, if I have not used the radio I can return it. Hmmmm, now how could I have come up with these concerns if I had not used the radio. Besides, I want to keep the radio, I just want to understand it so I don't set up something wrong and cause damage or injury to someone. I believe they are setting themselves up (Tower and Futaba) for a serious law suite if proper information is not forthcoming soon. Meanwhile I will keep playing with the radio and learn by trial and error. I may be able to work out about 20% of the Radio's capabilities this way.

Regards,
Randy