RCU Forums - View Single Post - Alternate to AMA
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2005, 11:29 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Alternate to AMA

Initially The BOD would offer acceptance to the other side at the new Chapter's chosen facility. Actually the local Chapters should be allowed to make those decisions.
Right now I want all AMA because that is the only game in town that will allow BOZO33DD to compensate me if he hurts me lil ol' bod.
Given that in this ideal organization there are other options with good insurance, then personally I would not really care how the Chapter voted to go. These things really would be up to the local units and my concept of an overall organization would be to obtain the best policy available to allow such local self-direction.
Maybe look at it this way. I'm running a business with 10 million income and outgo. Breaking even! The insurance is 1.5 million. If I can cut the overhead by 30%, 3 million, then I can enhance the insurance by 100%, now at 3 million, and the first 1.5 mil. is already factored in, so I now have twice as good insurance as before and I also have 1.5 mil. in the jeans to do some other good thing with. Over statement of course but used for illustration.

Once the good things happen, and with more and more local control, the word will get around. Like that old movie, "If you build it they will come." Just a crazy dream, but it's better than the nightmare we have now.[]

"...sounds like you've had some time to concoct a plan..." No, it just kind of popped up when I read gow589's question. With another 30 minutes I could improve it by a good margin.