RCU Forums - View Single Post - Anyone Flying a Magic Extra Yet?
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2002, 11:54 PM
Combat 20
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Flying a Magic Extra Yet?

I just used an accurate electronic scale to compute the weight of all the parts in the box that will be used to complete the model; wheel pants, linkages, fuel tank, everything. Total weight was 46.7 oz. I then computed the total weight of the engine and radio I intend to use (Webra .50 with Ultra Thrust muffler, spinner and prop, Futaba RX, large 5 cell battery, 5 Hitec HS-5245MG servos, switch harness). That weight was 33 oz. Total weight is 79.7 oz or 4.98 lbs. Box top claims the total flying weight will be 4.5 to 5.1 lbs. Add a little bit of glue to the weight I computed and the box top advertising is honest.

A second look at the model and I am still as impressed as I was last night - very nice appearance, covered well. Covering will require NO TOUCH-UP! Graphics are typical peel and stick with large clear areas showing. I scanned the images and imported them into the basic Stika software. They scanned extremely clean so I intend to make duplicates of those graphics with the Stika vinyl cutter, which by the way is quite a machine.

I won't be the first to get a Magic Extra flying since I intend to finish a Flying Machine; meaning a month or so. Hope someone has a flying report soon.