RCU Forums - View Single Post - Has anyone tried a system from wirelessvideocameras.com?
Old 05-12-2005, 05:12 PM
mklarich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Has anyone tried a system from wirelessvideocameras.com?

The range of the system all depends on the antennas, 1000mw transmitter from blackwidow will have the same range as a 1000mw system from microwireless (in theory). 2thDr is using some larger patch antennas from blackwidow that would easily give him 5-10 miles range.

I did test flights in florida on rubber ducks over 2 miles away. I did not fly from vidoe, I flew at the model airplane club with my wife on the phone to dave who was 2 miles down the road with the receiver. He would tell me when it went in and out which happened anytime I got below 75 feet, other then that the video stayed locked in.

Range is all about the antennas, at the distance you are looking for more power just equals more multi-path interference problems. The more power you bang out the easier it is for the signal to bounce off an object and get back to the receivers out of sync from the original signal and cause problems.

I hope this helps a little, please keep posting any questions you have. I am more then happy to answer them or figure out an answer to your question.

Matt Klarich