RCU Forums - View Single Post - More interest in kits
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2002, 06:27 PM
James Goss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More interest in kits

I was thinking the other day about how we could get more interest in the kit-building end of out hobby. The ARF and ARC are really taking off and it is easy to understand why. Very little time and skill is needed to assemble an ARF, more skill on the ARC is needed for sure, but the ARC still saves many hours of work. Now don’t get me wrong, it does take some skill to assemble an ARF and set it up to fly. What I am thinking about is more of a partial ARC kit. Most builders do not like to build either the wing or the fuselage or tail sections. In my case I have always liked to build the fuselage better than the wing or tail sections. I still like to build wings, but not as much as the fuselage. So why nor have a partial kit that comes with your choice of having the wing, fuse, or tail already built and you build the rest (your favorite parts). It would cost more than a full kit, but less than a full ARC. I think more builders would go for this and stay in the kit-building end of the hobby. What do you think? James Goss