RCU Forums - View Single Post - More interest in kits
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2002, 03:58 PM
CaptKAOS
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More interest in kits

I too have found that the price of a kit and building it is about the same as an ARF of the same plane...but I would much rather build the kit.....that way if I want to modify something I can...and I have a choice of color schemes...the type of covering...etc.
Not only that...but there is the pride in the fact that you actually built it....and if you should happen to....oops...crash it...you have PLANS to follow to rebuild it....try that with an ARF!! I learned many years ago when I was flying control line in high school to scratch build....and when I started in R/C it sure came in handy...I think I must have rekitted the fuse on my trainer about once a week for the first year and a half.....

I realize some guys either don't have time to build or don't beleive that they have the skill to do it....but I think that anyone that can should build at least one kit......

I also agree that the manufacturers should consider providing partially built kits for those who don't feel comfortable building either a wing or fuse....

My three and a half cents worth...