RCU Forums - View Single Post - Did I Ruin My LiPoly Battery Pack?
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2005, 04:50 PM
rrengineer
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Did I Ruin My LiPoly Battery Pack?

Matt,
Thanks for trying to help. Since I posted this I have been on the phone to the place I bought the pack from. I found out that I ran the battery down too far before charging it after I first got it in the mail. To make matters worse, I tried to charge it (using an Apache 2030 charger) from a car battery that sits in my classic car in the garage for long periods of time. When I measured the voltage on the car battery this morning it was 11 volts! The battery pack now reads under 2 volts. The Apache charger did it's job and probably saved me from a fire. I guess the battery pack is trash. I have already ordered a new battery pack and I won't make the same mistake of not charging before using it again. To make matters worse, I hooked up my Pixie 7P controller backwards (motor connector to battery and battery connector to motor. The controller is on it's way to Castle Creations for repair. I'ts an expensive learning curve. I made the mistake of not reading everything I could from these forums on LiPolys, charging first. I should have double checked my wiring too. I may fly this thing eventually in spite of myself.[&o]