RCU Forums - View Single Post - What is happening to kit building?
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2005, 08:59 AM
redfox435cat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is happening to kit building?

yea this is a sad subject. I've built a couple ARFs and from an experianced builders perspective I haven't found one with the exception of a couple trainers that were desighned right. Every one of them I had to redeisghn. When I started this hobby years ago flying them got me into it. After a couple models I got board . I tried building I got my interest back and has kept me in the hobby ever since. I talk to alot of guys and none even seem the least bit interested in building. I don't think the kit builder will ever die since there is still pletty of people who love to do it but there is a steady decline. Even worse alot of the guys who have recenlty joined the club in the last few years are starting to lose interest. From what I've seen the whole concept of instant gratifacation is coming full circle. One gets into the hobby ethusiastically. Is overwhelmed by the complexity of the hobby. Have dificulty learning to fly. Eventuly learns and get pretty good. Gets a couple models. get board and leaves and might return in a decade.